Monday, June 20, 2011

The suspense is killing me!

My stepmom passed her old road bike on to me a while back, and I've been struggling figuring out how to ride it. I don't do races and don't plan to in the near future, but this is a great bike that still has a lot of value at 20 years old and I'm determined to put it to use.

I thought about selling it to buy a bike that was exactly what I wanted, but yesterday the cycle shop near me recommended we lower the seat and replace the current stem and handlebars with an adjustable stem and flat bar. So basically, turning my riding position into one similar to what I'd have with a hybrid bike (instead of putting my butt higher than my shoulders).

I should get it back this weekend--I'll post pictures when my Frankenbike is complete.



2 comments:

  1. Nice. I'm putting North Roads bars on all my bikes these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get your Summer Collections with over 50% discounts now!!! http://www.shopclues.com/index.php?dispatch=products.search&company_id=69063&search_performed=Y

    ReplyDelete